Latest Viewpoints by Faisal
- Google hasn’t done anything different than Apple to make Pixel a success in India – Mobilytiks
- Hiking the Internet for the unconnected India
- Domestic brands have to dial South if they want to remain in Smartphone business – Mobilytiks
- Is Apple really doing badly in India?
- 2G Internet users to go off the India telecom landscape by June 2019
- Are incumbents back into the game? An early warning indicator for Jio
- Manufacturing of Premium Smartphones Critical to ‘Make in India’!
- Smart is over, it’s time for Intelligent Phones
- The motivation for Google behind buying HTC’s Pixel portfolio
- IUC reduction to further create imbalance in the telecom industry
- Holistic Approach Required for Safety of Data and Information Over Smartphones
- Comio could be Xiaomi and Lenovo’s closest competitor on the ground
- Chief Distribution Officer is the new addition to the C-Club of India Mobile Handsets industry
- Forget ARPU, it’s time for ARRPU
- VNOs most opportune route to rescue the shaky Telecom in India
- A handful of challenges for Samsung S8
- Why Jio will find it difficult to scale subscribers & revenue?
- Will Nokia pass the litmus test of ‘connecting with the connected’ in India?
- T20 of Bollywood – The Next Billion Dollar Game for India
- HMD forays with 5 strengths – A startup with many plus points
Faisal leads the Telecoms and SemiTronics (Semiconductor & Electronics) Practices at CyberMedia Research (CMR) and is based out of Gurgaon (near New Delhi). He is responsible for planning, development and execution of market intelligence, syndicated reports and custom consulting engagements in these domains.
Faisal has over twelve years experience in the telecommunications industry. His particular areas of interest include new applications of semiconductor technologies in wireless telecommunications, development of new chips and applications emerging out of the semiconductor ecosystem, applications of chips and ICs in the automotive, healthcare, industrial and consumer electronics industries, and global semiconductor supply chains.
Faisal has worked on different technologies in the communications domain as well as gained experience in conducting research on the evolution of new semiconductor application markets. This gives him the advantage of a clear understanding of strategic market shifts taking place in the communications equipment and telephony device semiconductor value chain. With this unique blend of technology market understanding and research capabilities, Faisal is able to do a multidimensional and multilayer segmentation of the semiconductor industry on parameters such as applications, technology domain and network element.
In the communications domain, Faisal has experience researching NGN technologies and has worked on market sizing and profiling of soft-switches (class 5 and class 4), application servers, media servers, etc. He also has significant experience of having worked on the IMS NGN core technology studies. In addition to this, he has authored reports on ‘The Impact of Fixed Mobile Convergence on World Telecommunications’, ‘Global Video Surveillance Market’, ‘SIP Trunking services’ and the ‘Global VoIP Market’.
Faisal completed his Master’s degree in Business Administration, specializing in Marketing and Finance. He also holds a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration.