- Sixth-largest economy by nominal GDP
- Third-largest by purchasing power parity (PPP)
- India’s domestic consumption, generally led by the private sector
- Emerging middle classes with higher disposable income
- Indian appliance and consumer electronics (ACE) market reached Rs 2.05 trillion (US$ 31.48 billion) in 2017.
- Indian electronics market is expected to grow at 41% CAGR between 2017-20 to reach US$ 400 billion.
- Need for Certification
- BIS, WPC, ISI are mandatory certification for certain products and for all electronics items listed in Compulsory Registration Scheme (CRS) taking into consideration public health before they are sold in India. The BIS (Bureau of Indian Standard), Office will do a thorough analysis of the product quality and functioning before issuing the BIS Registration certificate.
How CMR can help?
CMR India can help with:-
- An end to end registration process for BIS / WPC / ISI certification which is mandated by GOI. Guidance support – So that you do not get stuck with various bureaucratic processes.
- Peace of mind
- Liaising with the government offices
- CMR India will manage and oversee the entire process till you get the certificate in minimal time, which includes:
- Product testing
- Stickers designing as per BIS guidelines
- Market Intelligence to save your time with customs offices
What ARE THESE REGISTRATION?
BIS Certification is a means for providing the third-party guarantee of quality, safety, and reliability of products to the customer. The Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS) is the National Standards Body of India working under the aegis of the Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food & Public Distribution, and Government of India. All foreign manufacturers of products who intend to export to India are required to obtain a BIS product certification license.
The Government of India has made BIS certification mandatory for certain products and for all electronics items listed in Compulsory Registration Scheme (CRS) taking into consideration public health before they are sold in India. The BIS (Bureau of Indian Standard), Office will do a thorough analysis of the product quality and functioning before issuing the BIS Registration certificate.
All Electronic Devices that have Wi-Fi & Bluetooth technology need to have WPC certification before they are sold in India. As per GOI guidelines, all Wi-Fi & Bluetooth products must comply with the rules of Wireless Planning & Coordination, a Wing of Ministry of Communications and Information Technology, Department of Telecommunications, India.
ISI mark is a quality mark used to depict the grade for products sold in India. Products which displays this mark reflects the trust and safety of the product. There are a few products that are mandated to get ISI certification before they are sold in India.
Product categories that require BIS registration