- Redmi leads in overall product quality
- Samsung leads in terms of overall consumer satisfaction
- Net Promoter Score (NPS) of OnePlus is the highest
Gurugram, 17 Oct 2022: As per a new CyberMedia Research (CMR) Consumer Survey, smartphone brand loyalty in the hyper-competitive, value for money, smartphone price segment (INR 7,000 – INR 35,000) is driven by the latest product specs (48%), stylish smartphone design aesthetics (43%), and extended product warranty (43%), amongst others. A key attribute driving sustained brand loyalty amongst consumers in this smartphone segment is product quality.
Commenting on the study findings, Prabhu Ram, Head- Industry Intelligence Group (IIG), CyberMedia Research (CMR), “In the value for money smartphone segment, an array of smartphone brands compete on consistent product performance and superior service quality, amongst others. Consumer brand loyalty is driven by intangibles, such as brand trust and reliability that underpin overall smartphone product quality.”
In the value for money smartphone segment, consumers perceive Redmi to lead over other smartphone brands in terms of overall product quality.
According to Satya Sundar Mohanty, Head- Industry Consulting Group (ICG), CyberMedia Research (CMR), “Amongst smartphone users, overall product quality plays a significant role in smartphone selection and usage. While smartphone brands are bringing the best product specs to their offerings, our study provides us with compelling insights on what smartphone brands need to do, to improve their ranking on overall quality.”
When it comes to brand advocacy, the Net Promoter Score (NPS) of OnePlus is the highest (83%) followed by Redmi (81%).
Here are the key study highlights in the INR 7,000 – INR 35,000 Value for Money Smartphone segment:
- Product Quality: Redmi (93 out of 100) followed by OnePlus (90 out of 100) top the list.
- Consumer Satisfaction: Samsung (98%) and Redmi (97%) lead in terms of overall satisfaction. OPPO (96%) and realme (96%) are placed joint third in terms of their consumer satisfaction.
- Brand Loyalty: Redmi (96%) and Samsung (95%) lead the competition in terms of brand loyalty.
- Future Smartphone Consideration: Redmi (18%) and Samsung (16%) are most preferred by consumers for their future purchase.
The CMR Insights On the Go Study covered 2218 consumers, cutting across top eight cities of India: New Delhi, Mumbai, Bengaluru, Kolkata, Chennai, Hyderabad, Ahmedabad and Pune. The study covered consumers in the age groups of 18 to 40.
For queries, please contact: email@example.com