- Net Promoter Score (NPS) of Redmi is the highest followed by Samsung.
- Samsung and Redmi lead in terms of overall consumer satisfaction.
- Redmi is most preferred in terms of future consideration.
Gurugram, 4 Oct 2021: The INR 7,000 – INR 20,000 value for money smartphone price segment is the most hyper-competitive smartphone segment in India. As per a new CyberMedia Research (CMR) Insights On the Go Survey, consumers in this smartphone price segment (INR 7,000 – INR 20,000) seek to be seen with the latest and the best smartphones. The major drivers of sustained smartphone brand loyalty are sleek and stylish smartphone design (48%), extended warranty (46%) and more attractive discounts from the current brand (42%). Amongst consumers, a key attribute for sustained smartphone loyalty is product quality. As per the survey insights, Redmi leads the competition in terms of overall product quality.
Commenting on the study findings, Prabhu Ram, Head- Industry Intelligence Group (IIG), CyberMedia Research (CMR), “The INR 7,000 – INR 20,000 value for money smartphone segment is hyper-competitive, with smartphone brands vying to offer best-in-class specs to demanding consumers. Smartphone brands that are consistently able to deliver enduring value for consumers, including on intangible brand drivers, such as brand trust and reliability, have an edge over other brands. Specifically, product quality plays a pivotal role in consumer brand loyalty, and this is where smartphone brands, such as Redmi, have done well.”
Here are the key study highlights in the INR 7,000 – INR 20,000 Value for Money Smartphone segment:
- Product Quality: Redmi (score: 91 out of 100) followed by Samsung (score: 89 out of 100) top the list.
- Consumer Satisfaction:
- Samsung (98%) and Redmi (96%) lead in terms of overall satisfaction.
- OnePlus (93%) and realme (93%) are placed joint third in terms of their consumer satisfaction
- Brand Loyalty: Redmi (92%) and Samsung (92%) lead the competition in terms of brand loyalty.
- Brand Advocacy: Net Promoter Score (NPS) of Redmi is the highest (61%).
- Future Smartphone Consideration: Redmi (19%) and Samsung (16%) are most preferred in terms of future consideration.
Smartphone Brand Imagery:
- Consumers associate Redmi with great value for money, brand trust and reliability, and long usable life.
- Samsung is associated with innovation, dependability and good aftersales service.
- Vivo consumers are satisfied with its design aesthetics, and its aftersales network.
- realme consumers associate it with desirability, and recommendations from friends.
- OnePlus is associated with camera innovations and customer centricity.
- Consumers associate Transsion brands with good pricing and decent battery life.
According to Satya Sundar Mohanty, Head- Industry Consulting Group (ICG), CyberMedia Research (CMR), “Smartphones are central to everything consumers do. Its their primary, and in many instances, the only device in consumer lives. While smartphone brands are bringing the best design aesthetics and product specs to their offerings, our study provides us with compelling insights on what smartphone brands need to do, to complement overall product design and quality, and get overall brand experience right.”
Notes for Editors
The CMR Insights On the Go Study covered 2056 consumers, cutting across ten major cities of India: New Delhi, Mumbai, Bengaluru, Kolkata, Coimbatore, Ahmedabad, Bhubhaneshwar, Bhopal, Jalandhar, and Vadodhara. The study covered consumers in the age groups of 18 to 50.
For queries, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org