- SanDisk led both the flash cards and flash drives market.
- Flash drive remained the top contributor with 64% share.
- 32GB capacity was most popular with 42% share.
Gurugram/New Delhi, Sep 14, 2022: According to CMR’s India Consumer Storage Flash Devices Market Review Report for H1 CY2022 released today, the India Consumer Storage market (Micro SD, Pen Drive and SD card) shipments grew 26% YoY in H1 CY2022.
Shipra Sinha, Senior Analyst, CyberMedia Research said “This YoY growth is largely attributed to the notable growth in the flash drive market. While Type A pen drives are most popular, OTG pen drives with enhanced features have contributed to the market growth. Although micro-SD shipments has slowed down due to rapidly growing smartphone market, it was the next significant contributor in the overall consumer storage market.”
Market Highlights: H1 CY2022
SanDisk continued its leadership with 63% market share. HP stood at the second spot with 6% market share.
32GB capacity segment was the top contributor with 42% market share with 22% YoY increase in its shipments. 64GB was the next preferred capacity capturing 21% market share, its shipments increasing by 52% YoY.
CMR anticipates the flash cards market to remain flat by the end of CY2022 due to the slow down of the Micro SD cards market. On the other hand, flash drive market is anticipated to grow >25% YoY by the end of CY2022 due to traction towards OTG drives.
“Flash drives market will be the growth driver owing to the popularity of OTG pen drives due to their effortlessness, faster speed and ‘On-the-Go’ data transfer features. With technology advancements, the need of more storage space is meant to maintain the market demand for microSDs. Q3 CY2022 will witness a surge in the overall shipments with arrival of the festive season,” added Shipra.
Notes for Editors
- CyberMedia Research (CMR) is a pioneering market intelligence and consulting firm that runs a comprehensive quarterly market update on the India Consumer Storage market. CMR’s India Quarterly Consumer Storage Flash Memory Market Review covers Micro SD cards, SD cards and Flash drives sold via distributors and retail outlets. The report accounts for ‘legal’ shipments, but does not include bundled or ‘grey’ market shipments or units brought from abroad by individuals as a part of personal baggage.
- CMR uses the term “shipments” to describe the number of consumer storage flash memory devices leaving the factory premises for OEM sales or stocking by distributors and retailers. For the convenience of media, the term ‘shipment’ is sometimes replaced by “sales” in the press release, but this reflects the market size in terms of units of consumer storage flash memory devices and not their absolute value. In the case of flash memory devices imported into the country, it represents the number leaving the first warehouse to OEMs, distributors and retailers.
– ENDS –
About CyberMedia Research and Services Ltd
A part of CyberMedia (www.cybermedia.co.in), South Asia’s largest specialty media and media services group, CyberMedia Research (CMR) has been a front runner in market research, consulting and advisory services since 1986.
CMR offers research-based insights and marketing consultancy services – market intelligence, market sizing, stakeholder satisfaction, growth opportunity identification, incubation advisory, and go-to-market services – covering the Information Technology, Telecommunications, Semiconductors, Electronics & Smart Infrastructure, Government, Energy & Utilities and Lifesciences sectors, as well as the large enterprise, SMB and consumer user segments.
CMR’s core value proposition encompasses a rich portfolio of syndicated reports and custom research capabilities across multiple industries, markets and geographies. CMR’s forthcoming studies include stakeholder satisfaction surveys, mega spender assessments and market mapping studies for these domains.
CyberMedia Research, a division of Cyber Media Research and Services Ltd., is a member of the Market Research Society of India (www.mrsi.in).