- 4G Tablet market registered 9% QoQ growth.
- Wi-Fi Tablet market registered 41% QoQ growth.
- Premium Tablets (>INR 20,000) grew 44% during Q3 2022.
New Delhi/Gurugram, 21 Nov 2022: As per new insights from CMR’s Tablet PC Market Report Review for Q3 2022 released today, the India Tablet market grew 22% quarter-on-quarter (QoQ), with 5G-capable tablet shipments picking-up steam in the run-up to the festive season.
According to Menka Kumari, Analyst-Industry Intelligence Group (IIG), CMR, “Shipments of 5G tablets continued to gain strength in Q3 2022. This is driven by the recent 5G auctions, and the beginning of a 5G era. The growth in 5G Tablets is consistent with the trends seen in the 5G smartphone market.”
Shipment of Tablets with 8-inch display constituted 43% of the overall shipments in the Indian market.
Samsung (28%), Lenovo (26%) and Apple (19%) captured the top three spots in the Tablet leaderboard in Q3 2022.
India Tablet Market: Vendor Highlights
Samsung led the Tablet Market with a 28% market share. Samsung Tab A8 (Wi-Fi + 4G) and Tab A7 Lite (Wi-Fi + 4G) had 25% and 18% market share respectively. Samsung shipments recorded 83% QoQ growth in Q3 2022.
Lenovo was placed on the second position in the entire region, mainly driven by its commercial business and retail market. Lenovo Tab M8 (HD) (Wi-Fi+4G) and Lenovo Tab M8 (HD) (Wi-Fi) series had a 32% and 17% market share respectively, primarily in the Value for Money tablet (INR 7,000-INR 25,000) segment. Lenovo shipments recorded 21% QoQ growth in Q3 2022.
Apple was placed on the third position with a 19% market share. Apple iPad 9 (Wi-Fi) and Apple iPad Air 2022 (Wi-Fi) had a 57% and 15% market share respectively, followed by Apple iPad Pro 2021 (Wi-Fi) and Apple iPad Air 2022 (Wi-Fi) at 8% and 6% respective shares in the tablet market. Apple iPad shipments recorded 26% QoQ growth in Q3 2022.
CMR anticipates the Tablet PC shipments to record a healthy 10-15% growth in 2022.
“Driven by consumer and enterprise demand for hybrid work, Tablet PC shipments will see a significant robust growth in the upcoming festive quarter. We anticipate the Tablet shipments to post a robust growth driven by attractive and aggressive offers and discounts. As we move ahead, we will see 5G-capable Tablets to underline the Tablet Market growth, especially in education, healthcare, hospitality and manufacturing segments.” added Menka.
Notes for Editors
- This release is based on the CyberMedia Research (CMR) India Quarterly Tablet PC Market Review published at the conclusion of every calendar quarter.
- The figures captured are of both enterprise and consumer shipments.
- CyberMedia Research (CMR) uses the term ‘shipments’ to describe the number of Tablets leaving the factory premises for OEM sales or stocking by distributors and retailers. For the convenience of media, the term ‘shipments’ is sometimes replaced or used interchangeably with “sales” in the press release, but this reflects the market size in terms of units of Tablets and not their absolute value. In the case of Tablets imported into the country it represents the number leaving the first warehouse to OEMs, distributors and retailers. CyberMedia Research does not track the number of Tablets brought on their person by individual passengers landing on Indian soil from overseas destinations or ‘grey’ market Tablets (if any).