|In India, one of the critical challenges for delivering healthcare has been the geographic challenge and rural-urban divide. Rural population suffers from lack of access to quality healthcare, and there is severe shortage of qualified personnel in villages.One of the tools to overcome the healthcare divide is the transformational potential of mobile health, or mhealth that can provide effective health intervention in the developing world. Empowered by connectivity tools and data transfer capabilities, quality healthcare delivery is possible for citizens.There are mhealth tools available that can deliver education and awareness, enable clinical decision-making, track diseases, and enhance preventive care measures. Mobile phones can be used as a communication, support and training tool for healthcare workers, in diagnostic and treatment support.
BIRAC in order to cater the mhealth challenges would like to understand the mhealth segment better in terms of technologies that it encompasses, the ecosystem it works in, the key stakeholders and initiatives currently ongoing. BIRAC has commissioned a report to facilitate this understanding. A series of consultative meetings are planned with stakeholders to understand challenges and needs with mHealth sector.
A must attend knowledge sharing session for:
– Doctors from large hospitals
– IT Companies Technologists & Marketers working on mHealth solutions
– Start-ups with novel mhealth technology solutions
– Research Institutions and Research & Development centers working on mHealth
– Heads of the Hospitals delivering mHealth services
– Telecom Services Providers with high speed data transmission footprints covering remote locations.