13 Jul, 2023 | NEW DELHI. As per new study insights from CyberMedia Research (CMR), a leading Indian consulting and advisory firm, the feminine care products market in India is projected at around INR 55 billion in 2023.
Menstruation is still seen as a taboo topic in many parts of India. This taboo makes it difficult for women to talk about menstrual products along with their benefits. However in recent years there has been rise in demand, due to increased awareness and availability of new products.
The feminine care market is expected to grow to INR 115 billion by 2028 at a CAGR of around 13% by 2028.
As per Surachita Deb Sharma, Analyst- Industry Consulting Group (ICG), CyberMedia Research (CMR),”The market has witnessed a surge in demand for customized and organic feminine care products. Companies are now providing personalized options that cater to individual preferences and requirements, offering a diverse range of products suitable for varying menstrual flow levels and addressing specific health concerns. Additionally, the mainstream acceptance of eco-friendly menstrual care products has been driven by negative impact of plastic contamination on the environment.”
The key findings from the study:
- The key major drivers of Femcare Products Market include
- New product introductions: In recent years, many new products such as menstrual cups/ tampons, reusable cloth pads, herbal and natural products and period underwear etc. have come to the market. And these products have been customized and tailored to individual needs and preferences of women leading to more demand of the products.
- Rise in the number of working women: With more women participating in the workforce, there is a greater awareness and acceptance of Femcare products. They are seeking more Femcare products as that provide comfort, convenience, flexibility and freedom while working long hours during their menstrual cycles.
- Ease in availability of the products: The increased availability of Femcare products through various sales channels such as online retail store, local store, pharmacies and super market etc. has made it easier for women to access.
- The major Impediments for Femcare Products Market include
- Lack of awareness: The study reveals that a significant percentage of women lack adequate knowledge about menstrual products, especially Tampons & Menstrual Cups, highlighting the need for education and awareness campaigns.
- Cultural taboos: Menstruation is still seen as a taboo topic in many parts of India. This taboo makes it difficult for women to talk about menstrual cups and tampons along with their benefits.
- Cost: New products are more expensive than the traditional ones. This makes them less affordable for some women.
Prominent players in the Femcare Products industry include J&J, P&G, Unicharm, and Kimberly-Clark.
Avni, Sirona, Nua, Sanfe, Carmesi, Plush, Azah, and Pee Safe are just a few of the emerging brands in the market that hold great promise. They have taken note of the distinct requirements of women and have introduced a wide array of personalized menstrual care solutions. These innovative brands offer a diverse range of products, including customized sanitary napkins, period panties, tampons, and menstrual cups, catering to the individual preferences and needs of women.
“Sanitary napkins have played a pivotal role in women’s menstrual hygiene journey, offering comfort and convenience for decades. While the invention of tampons and menstrual cups have provided alternative options, it’s crucial to recognize the significance of sanitary napkins in India. They have been instrumental in breaking taboos and improving accessibility, ensuring that women across diverse backgrounds can manage their periods safely. As the environmental impact is concerned, affordable bio degradable sanitary napkins can fix the dilemma of using them.”, added Sugandha Srivastava, Senior Manager, Industry Consulting Group (ICG), CyberMedia Research (CMR).
The report on the market for feminine care products can be accessed at the following link: https://cmrindia.com/product/the-market-for-feminine-care-products/