Starting 2003, a large number of initiatives have been undertaken by various State Governments and Central Government Ministries to usher in an era of e-Government. Sustained efforts have been made at multiple levels to improve the delivery of public services and simplify the process of accessing them.
e-Governance in India has steadily evolved from computerization of Government departments to initiatives that encapsulate the finer points of Governance, such as citizen centricity, service orientation and transparency.
CMR has over two decades of research and advisory experience in the Government vertical. Some of the major studies conducted include:
- World Bank Study on India Software Exports Policy Formulation
- IT Spending Patterns in the India Government Sector
- Ranking of States on the Effectiveness of e-Governance Initiatives
- State-wise Tracking of Major ICT Deals in the India Government Sector
CMR Government & Public Sector Practice Expertise Areas
CMR has actively worked with key stakeholders to address their market intelligence and consulting needs about the India Government sector. The insights generated helped vendors and service providers develop a roadmap and formulate strategies pertaining to their Government business. The CMR team specializes in a variety of research studies focused on the Government / Public Sector vertical. The major types are summarized here:
- Market Opportunity Studies
- These research studies determine attractiveness and probability of success in the growing market. The studies provide insights and directions to companies to evaluate opportunities and define their go-to-market strategy in the Government space.
- E-Readiness Assessment Studies
- These research studies determine the degree of preparedness for the various e-Governance initiatives. The studies are meant to guide development efforts by providing benchmarks for comparison and gauging progress.
- Impact Assessment/Mid-Term Assessment Studies
- These research studies measure the impact of e-Governance initiatives on the target beneficiaries. The studies gauge the outcomes of an e-Governance initiative and compare it with the goals/objectives set out at the planning stage to assess if the e-Governance initiative is as per plan and is meeting the desired objectives or not.
- Policy Formulation Studies
- These advisory studies provide cues and directions for effective and acceptable policy formulations for a priority area.
- Status Report on e-Governance initiatives
- These market tracking studies provide ‘stage of implementation’ snapshots of various e-Governance initiatives and current project status updates.
- Stakeholder Assessment Studies
- These research studies are meant for understanding the perspectives of the key stakeholders in an e-governance initiative / programme.
Latest Topics in Government
- Bangladesh Mobile Handsets industry has a lesson or two for its India counterpart
- India Telecoms Sector: In shine, remember gloom; in gloom, remember to shine
- Societal Evils: Technology can play a role, but cannot always help
- Role of the Internet and social media in India’s anti-corruption movement: Roadmap to clean government, growth and opportunity for every citizen