On December 7, 2023, Cyber Media Research got the opportunity to attend the ADAS Show at iCat Technical Centre-2 in Manesar, Haryana. The event, comprising a Conference, Expo, and Live Demo, provided a platform for industry leaders and experts to explore the future of automotive safety and autonomy in the Indian landscape.
Industry Leaders Unite: Advancing Automotive Excellence Together
The event hosted renowned Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) such as BMW India, Volvo India, MG Motors India, Honda Cars India, and Hyundai Motors India. Key component manufacturers like Uno Minda, Valeo, Bosch, Harman, and Hyundai Mobis, along with automotive module experts Quectel, showcased cutting-edge technologies, collectively steering the industry towards innovation.
ADAS Conference: Navigating the Frontiers of Automotive Innovation
The conference served as a dynamic forum for high-level discussions, featuring insightful panel sessions and presentations exploring Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) technology. Distinguished experts, including Dr. Hanif Qureshi from the Ministry of Heavy Industries and Dr. Saurabh Dalela from ICAT, enriched the discourse.
- Driving Progress: Government initiatives such as the Production-Linked Incentive (PLI) and Faster Adoption and Manufacturing of Hybrid and Electric Vehicles (FAME) schemes underscored continuous support for automotive evolution.
- Towards the Future: The Safety Tech Centre’s focus on testing L1 and L2 levels laid the foundation for future advancements, with plans to introduce L3 safety technologies.
- Localizing Innovation: The entire automotive value chain, from OEMs to Tier-1 suppliers, showcased a commitment to localizing every component, emphasizing indigenous innovation.
- Empowering Consumers: OEMs, exemplified by Honda Cars India, initiated awareness campaigns to educate consumers about ADAS features and their effective utilization.
ADAS Expo: Showcasing Cutting-Edge Automotive Technology
The expo provided a dynamic platform for automotive players to showcase ADAS-oriented products, from software and hardware to entire component boxes and complete vehicles.
- Driving Tomorrow: Leading OEMs, including BMW, Volvo, Honda, and MG Motors, demonstrated their dedication to advancing ADAS technology.
- Innovative Integration: Component manufacturers showcased the seamless integration of sensors, cameras, and radars to optimize ADAS functionality and enhance overall driving safety.
iCat’s Testing Track for ADAS: A Live Demonstration of Tomorrow’s Safety
Live demonstrations at iCat’s Testing Track provided a captivating insight into how ADAS functions in real-world scenarios.
- Measuring Progress: ADAS technology on the track incorporated simulations of pedestrians, cyclists, two-wheelers, and car dummies.
- Collaborative Drive: OEMs showcased vehicles featuring ADAS technology, offering an anticipatory glimpse into their features.
- Feature Showcase: Real-time demonstrations of ADAS features, including Automatic Emergency Braking (AEB) and Park Assist, provided a compelling showcase of the technology’s practical applications.
Driving Progress: ADAS’s Impact on India’s Automotive Future
According to CyberMedia Research, Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) are catalyzing a revolutionary transformation in the Indian passenger vehicle segment, boasting a staggering growth of over 350% year-on-year. By 2025, over 12% of vehicles are expected to seamlessly integrate ADAS, with Level-2 systems commanding over an 85% market share. This paradigm shift heralds a new era of automotive safety and autonomy, affirming India’s leadership in adopting cutting-edge technology tailored to its unique market needs. The collaborative endeavors witnessed at iCat underscore the industry’s commitment to realizing this transformative vision globally.