- Crucial leads the overall Internal SSD market in Q1 2022.
- NVMe SSD market capture 21% in Q1 2022.
- External SSD market shipments declined by 1%QoQ in Q1 2022 on.
Gurugram/New Delhi, June 15, 2022: According to CMR’s India Hard Drive Market Review for Q1 CY2022, the India Consumer Internal SSD market (SATA & PCIe/NVMe) market shipments declined by 3% QoQ. However, the overall market registered huge 119% growth YoY.
“The SSD market is projected to witness significant revenue growth. The SSDs are becoming more popular with portable PCs because of their ruggedness and low energy consumption. With all the advantages that SSD has over HDD, price, availability and capacity are probably the primary factors constraining the acceptance of this new technology. With the rising use of highly scalable memory devices, the market is likely to grow significantly,” observed Swati Kalia, Analyst, Cyber Media Research.
Q1 CY2022 Highlights
In the overall India Consumer Internal SSD market, Crucial captured 11% market share followed by EVM with 10% and Kingston at third position with 8% share.
In the External SSD market, Samsung captured the top spot with 49% market share. WD was placed second with 35% share. Seagate was placed third with 9% market share.
CMR anticipates the consumer SSD market to grow >60% YoY by the end of CY2022 on the back of increased SSD awareness, affordability and comparatively better features than the traditional HDDs.
According to Swati, “As per CyberMedia Research (CMR)’s Gaming Market Pulse, gaming continues to see an inflection in India. We anticipate gaming SSDs to play an important role in driving the market for SSDs.”
Notes for Editors
- Cyber Media Research (CMR) is a pioneering market intelligence and consulting firm that runs a comprehensive quarterly market update on the India Consumer Storage market. CMR’s India Quarterly Consumer SSD Market Review covers Internal SSD and External SSD sold via distributors and retail outlets. The report accounts for ‘legal’ shipments but does not include bundled or ‘grey’ market shipments or units brought from abroad by individuals as a part of personal baggage.
- CMR uses the term “shipments” to describe the number of Internal SSD devices leaving the factory premises for OEM sales or stocking by distributors and retailers. For the convenience of media, the term ‘shipment’ is sometimes replaced by “sales” in the press release, but this reflects the market size in terms of units of hard drive devices and not their absolute value.
– ENDS –
About CyberMedia Research and Services Ltd
A part of CyberMedia (www.cybermedia.co.in), South Asia’s largest specialty media and media services group, CyberMedia Research (CMR) has been a front runner in market research, consulting and advisory services since 1986.
CMR offers research-based insights and marketing consultancy services – market intelligence, market sizing, stakeholder satisfaction, growth opportunity identification, incubation advisory, and go-to-market services – covering the Information Technology, Telecommunications, Semiconductors, Electronics & Smart Infrastructure, Government, Energy & Utilities and Lifesciences sectors, as well as the large enterprise, SMB and consumer user segments.
CMR’s core value proposition encompasses a rich portfolio of syndicated reports and custom research capabilities across multiple industries, markets and geographies. CMR’s forthcoming studies include stakeholder satisfaction surveys, mega spender assessments and market mapping studies for these domains.
CyberMedia Research, a division of Cyber Media Research and Services Ltd., is a member of the Market Research Society of India (www.mrsi.in).